Notify Message
Forums
#11249237 Jul 05, 2015 at 01:03 AM · Edited 4 years ago
215 Posts
Cirsei raised a fist in the air. All fire ceased. The half-miraluka stands, pistols in a death-grip in her hands. "Are you serious?" She asks. "Do you think I'm xenophobic or something, you Imperial shitbag? I'm half miraluka, you dumbass!"

"Thirty seconds," speaks the giant war droid just outside the window.

The Guard re-aims their weapons for emphasis. "You are not in a position to make demands. I'm the one with a kriffing army in her hand." Cirsei tightens her grips even more, now grimacing such an ugly grimace she'd give a Quarren a run for their money. "Now I swear to Ashla, if you don't let that pile of shit go, that droid out there and all of my ships are going to rip each and every one of you a brand new mile-wide asshole! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOME!"

---

[...]
+0
#11249253 Jul 05, 2015 at 01:14 AM
120 Posts
"Cirsei, do you read?"

The voice was deadly calm, broadcasted on every frequency the ex-cipher could find. A trail of bodies lay in her wake as she made her way deeper into the compound, closer to Cirsei.

"I'm coming." Jaronn Elandril said.
+0
#11587937 Oct 01, 2015 at 06:20 PM · Edited over 2 years ago
520 Posts

THE FOLLOWING WAS WRITTEN BY A VERY TIRED PERSON. DO NOT EXPECT IT TO READ WELL.

Back on the Smuggler's Ear...

"Well that can't be good." Khim said. She was near the front of a slowly growing procession of hired guns being lead by Thyssen, but appeared to be more interested in her tablet-like datapad than her ever-changing surroundings. There was a tone in her voice that caused Thyssen to look back over his shoulder at her. "What's wrong?" He asked. At this, the Chiss turned the datapad toward the man. He couldn't make out the specifics, but he'd seen enough error messages in his time to know that he was glimpsing one then. "I'm gettin' the same message that I did before when I tried contactin' the Four Moons' HQ." "Have you tried hailing the Argosy?" "That's the problem, sugar. I just did."

- - -

Nar Shaddaa...

Thessia's home had been the sky palace, but she was not without a place to go. Her brother had several safe houses located on Nar Shaddaa and at least one, she knew, down on Nal Hutta. One of these locations would serve as her and Ally's place of residence for the foreseeable future, but they were not where the Krupp sister had decided to go once she had convinced Allynier that it was in everyone's best interest if she let Synda and Qunai handle the recovery of the child. Now they were in the women's lavatory of the Thorne family's restaurant, stripped to their underwear and in the process of washing themselves off with water from the sinks.

The employs knew them both, of course, and had offered them a room, but Thessia had declined. She had to think like her brother. If these people - whoever they were - were focused on attacking people associated with the KJC, then it would be best for them to not get cozy in a front operated by one of its biggest allies. That meant no showers, no beds, no comfort. None except for the meal that the chefs were preparing, of course. That was one thing that neither woman could refuse.

Four large and gun-toting brutes patrolled the dining area, occasionally peeling back a blind with a chunky finger to check for any unusual activity. A matradee droid carrying Thessia and Ally's freshly laundered clothing was waiting for them when they finally exited the restroom, and both women were glad to feel the warm caress of dryer-tossed fabric on their skin as it was slipped on.

The meal that was served was worthy of royalty, but alcohol was firmly refused. Neither could afford to lose a clear head at a time like this; not when there was still a distance to travel and preparations to be made. The tears came with little warning for both women, but they were of the silent variety. They cried as they ate. The grim reality of it all had finally, truly set in.

When they had finished their meal and gotten a better grip of themselves, Thessia and Ally agreed that it was time to move on. But in order to cover their tracks they would have to make some very dangerous decisions -- namely agreeing that it would be best if Thessia's arguably iconic ride was left there, and turning down the offer for a skiff that, while indiscreet, could still potentially lead someone back to the owner. They would just have to hope that their exposed weaponry and poor condition were enough to make even the most hardened thug think twice about trying to get the better of them.

And so the two went, on foot, out to meet an uncertain future...
+0
#11655180 Oct 20, 2015 at 01:19 AM · Edited 4 years ago
56 Posts
The silence was palpable. Handler 2's operatives maintained their professional calm, but for the first time in his life, the Handler felt... handled. He felt unprepared, cornered... afraid. A feeling he had only experienced once before. It almost killed him then too.

Handler 2 placed his hands behind his back, his operatives maintaining their weapons at the ready.

"Hm. Fine. It would appear that I came ill-prepared. I concede defeat, Dragon Queen."

Strangely, though perhaps unsurprisingly, the words sounded hollow. Surrounded, outgunned, outnumbered, and balls deep in enemy territory, Handler 2's escape seemed tantamount to impossible... But then, so had everything the man had accomplished. Without any apparent signal, the operatives drop three canisters of smoke that quickly begins to fill the air.

Blaster fire streaks into the growing cloud of haze, and no amount of vision reveals the group. The smoke blinding conventional sight, and a cloud of hot-thermal gas blinding thermal vision. Even the half-Miraluka's Force Sight would reveal nothing of their location, no doubt attributed to something involving a Ysalismari.

"A parting gift for the wayward soldier."

A blaster shot rings out, followed immediately by a scream, and then nothing...

The smoke clears... and the misshapen humanoid on the ground is curled into a ball a limb covering what seemed to be it's face, the operatives and Handler 2 nowhere to be seen.

***********

Back on Nar Shaddaa

Syn and Q barrel through the city, trying to stay on the heels of the Force Sensitives ahead of them. While not a match in terms of pure strength, the two miscreants manage to divert, deflect, or evade any assault directed their way, and before long the two of you get the feeling that you're being led on... But as they're your only lead to Ally's child... You have decisions ahead of you... And a Rattataki suddenly steps into your path, a spice stick in his hand, in the process of lighting it with no regard for you... You have a split second to try and avoid him, or panic and crash into him...

-----

As Thessia and Allynier slip through the streets of Nar Shaddaa, they find themselves on a street that would be familiar to the Krupp sister. A street that, for one reason or another, would remind Thessia of a tailor-slash-armorer's shop that resided nearby on the corner of one of the many alleyways. If she should choose to follow the familiar, she might find an old friend... Or will she divert away fearing that familiar is dangerous, and that this may be a trap? Still, as you recall, that old tailor knew his way around heavy weapons...
Homo Homini Lupus
For More Often Than Not, We Forget to Act Human to Others
But Still, Despite Our Forgetful Nature, There is Always the Next Day
+0
#11658292 Oct 20, 2015 at 05:29 PM · Edited over 2 years ago
520 Posts
"The Force works in mysterious ways," muttered Thessia as she approached the door to her old friend's shop. It was one of those deals where people could only visit if they were either familiar with the owner or had an appointment, meaning that it would take more than a simple boot or cutting tool to force one's way inside. Suddenly the thought of using one of her brother's safe houses didn't seem so important. If the man behind those doors was in and willing to help...

"What was that?"

Thessia glanced over to Ally, who was studying her with a curious expression. Her friend's choice of words clearly had radiated with her. "Oh, nothing." She shrugged and smiled as if it were nothing, then pressed the button next to the door. She saw the security camera hidden under the awning above swivel and focus upon her. She gave it a little finger wave. "Hello~!"
+0
#11752992 Nov 14, 2015 at 11:36 PM
334 Posts
To say Q's reaction to the sudden appearance was anything but a bump in the road, it would be true. The force-sensitive man's eyes widened for but a moment, before he pumped power into his legs. With a grunt, he kicked off and flew, flipping head over heel before landing into a roll. With his boots back on the ground, he sprinted on, slipping his secondary saber hilt into hand. He doubted they would keep going. "Hole's for them all to fall into", as what they had said. All he could do was play the part at the moment...
+0
#11753131 Nov 15, 2015 at 01:07 AM · Edited over 2 years ago
334 Posts
Thyssen, Xyrna and Khim would find their procession joined by a familiar Cathar and his Twi'lek apprentice. A small squad of armed guards led the pair out from a nearby street and guided them toward their compatriots. Their guards then joined the march until they finally came to a stop at an intersection where the squad broke off from their unsavory company.

"What happened to you two?" The male Krupp asked, quirking a brow as he took note of the disheveled appearance Sweetie had and the growing tick mark on the back of Karvis' head.

"Sweetie...swiped some food from a vendor. I was willing to pay it, but the man insulted us." The Cathar wiped his face clean of emotion. "I lost my temper."

"But it was so delicious! Master, have some!" Sweetie cheered, offering up a cookie. Karvis' eye twitched...yet he took it anyway and gently nibbled at it.
+0
#11783982 Nov 22, 2015 at 04:25 PM · Edited over 2 years ago
520 Posts
Thyssen almost failed to suppress a very unprofessional snort of laughter as he watched the young girl's eyes become wide as table saucers, clearly hoping to convince Karvis to partake of her pilfered confectioneries by looking as cute as a Loth-cat. "I think you should do what the Twi'lek says, Karvis." He said.

Khimerra, being the second-most free spirit of the bunch, folded her arms across her ample bust and leaned bodily against Thyssen when she replied. "You wouldn't want to make that smile of hers turn upside-down now, wouldja?" Even though they hadn't been asked the question personally, several of the new hires shook their heads back and forth "Nope!"

((I am sorry that this post of mine is so short, but without the GM around to help paint a bigger picture, I'm rather limited in what I offer as far as story advancement goes. >.<))
+0
#12079454 Feb 18, 2016 at 01:20 PM · Edited over 3 years ago
56 Posts
(( I offer my sincerest apologies to everyone who was forced to wait on me. As a result of the many trials and choices I've had to make lately, my presence on these forums has vanished. Fortunately, I will be rededicating some of my time back here. Admittedly, this will only be as long as it takes me to finish up this roleplay, and provide you all with a satisfying conclusion. When time permits once more, rest assured I will return in force. As things stand now, however, I do not know when this may be. ))

*********

Qunai and Syndra blow past the spice smoking idiot that stepped out in front of you, but the odor is so profound that you can't help but feel a slight springiness in your step from the second-hand high.

This sensation only heightens when you see your targets break left, directly into an alleyway. You happen to know for a fact that this one is a dead-end, and blaze in quickly behind, knowing that you FINALLY- The sensation of near-euphoria at the chase reaching it's conclusion quickly and violently abates as you see... not them. There's nothing here, nothing except a small metal box laying partially open at the far end of the alleyway. Confused, you whirl around, trying to figure out how they slipped away... And then your ears twitch at a sound you were not expecting to hear.

A baby's cry.

You whirl around, looking for the source, and then you hear it again- the box. It's coming from the box. You sprint down the alleyway, and slide in beside the small metal crate... Nestled inside, looking quite cozy and unharmed in a bundle of blankets and pillows, is Ally's child. A look of mild disappointment crosses the baby's face as she realizes that you, Qunai, are not a warm bottle of food, and begins to cry.

***********

A deep, disgruntled voice crackles metallically through a small speaker, presumably attached to the camera, "Krupp? Is that you?" The voice sounds nothing like you remember, so you figure he must be distorting it.

The camera zooms in slightly on her, and then swivels over to Ally, "And who's this? A friend?"

The camera zooms out, angling to put both Ally and Thessia in frame, "You in trouble, little one?" Before Thessia can even begin to reply, the door in front of her slides open revealing a small, well-lit, waiting area, infinitely cleaner than the area outside, and quite the sight for an area that would otherwise be considered inhospitable.

"Please, come out of the muck, you two!"

As they step into the room, the door closes behind them, and they both can hear a metallic clink as the mag-locks drop into place.

"So, what kind of trouble has Miss Krupp gotten herself into this time?"

That's the voice Thessia recognizes: smooth, baritone, and jovial; a smirking beast of a man steps through the archway of the next room over. Standing no less than 6'5" and weighing easily 250lbs, he wears fine clothes, tailored to a loose fit and made from probably expensive materials, the patterns on his shirt twisting this way and that with a flower blooming. And he's carrying a tri-barrel assault cannon, just not pointed at you.
Homo Homini Lupus
For More Often Than Not, We Forget to Act Human to Others
But Still, Despite Our Forgetful Nature, There is Always the Next Day
+0
#12093494 Feb 22, 2016 at 07:55 PM
520 Posts
"Long story, tell you inside." Thessia says, rudely pushing at Arellix's chest until he's forced back over the threshold into his domicile-slash-business. Allynier is next, being prodded and then shoved into the the large man's arms. Thessia herself follows shortly thereafter, but not until after she's made absolutely certain that her naked eyes can't detect anyone following them. She also takes it upon herself to press the button on the side of the archway that closes the door behind her. Once that's done, the Krupp sister allows herself to relax; and she does so by collapsing against the door and sliding down it until her butt hits the floor with a muffled 'thump.' The trip from the Thorne family's restaurant hadn't been long in a real time sense, but for her it might as well have been an eternity. "Please tell me you have some caff."
+0
#12164322 Mar 13, 2016 at 05:54 PM · Edited over 3 years ago
108 Posts
Ally shifted over next to Thessia. She looked up at the tall man, feeling short as she stood a whole foot underneath him. She fell down onto the floor next to the woman, her legs pulled quickly to her chest. Her arms wrapped slowly around her own legs, squeezing them tightly.

She was worried, clearly, but didn't feel like talking. Her head slid slowly against Thessia, closing her eyes as she tried taking deep breaths.
+0
#12167744 Mar 14, 2016 at 04:52 PM · Edited over 3 years ago
520 Posts
Taking one look at Allynier, Thessia quickly added, "And guns. Caff and guns. Preferably large quantities of both." The way her eyes studied the Echani at her feet betrayed her wariness. For someone like the so-called 'tailor' that stood before them, he would know that Thessia wasn't so much concerned about protecting herself from the evildoers outside as she was worried what might happen if Allynier were to suddenly lose control of herself in such close quarters.
+0
#12169054 Mar 15, 2016 at 12:17 AM
334 Posts
Qunai slowly kneeled before the bundled baby, confusion clear across his face. Shaking it off and ignoring the idle thought of how much she seemed to resemble his own son, he brought his arms around the box and hefted it up into a firm grip. A soft murmur later and the baby's cry ceased. Turning back to his spiritual sister, the Paladin 'hmm'd' and frowned.

"What was the point of this..." He said aloud.

Grunting that question off, he pressed a finger to his ear comm and connected himself through to his Mousey Engineering Compatriot (Trademarked: MEC).

"Thessia, we uh...we found Ally's baby. But the kidnappers are gone. What're you locations?"
+0
#12169059 Mar 15, 2016 at 12:20 AM
520 Posts
The communication came through loud an' clear, but Thessia didn't immediately respond. Instead she looked up at Arellix, raised her eyebrows and shrugged. It would be up to him whether or not she give them the location of his shop over a frequency that could potentially be tapped by the enemy.
+0
#12353614 May 05, 2016 at 12:34 PM
56 Posts
Arellix raised a finger, then began tuning knobs and pressing buttons on a console nearby. A brief crackle explodes in Thessia's and Qunai's ears, but Arellix nods to Thessia, "Channel should be encrypted now. Just keep it short. Hackers would crack it just for fun." The large man turns towards Thessia's apparent companion, Ally, and with a surprisingly gentle voice for such a large man says, "Would like anything, little one? I have a fully stocked kitchen and like to think of myself as a fine cook."

He offers a small smile, attempting to assure and comfort the woman.
Homo Homini Lupus
For More Often Than Not, We Forget to Act Human to Others
But Still, Despite Our Forgetful Nature, There is Always the Next Day
+0
#12374418 May 13, 2016 at 03:37 AM · Edited over 3 years ago
520 Posts
Thessia couldn't stop herself from taking a few moments to smile and nod at her two friends. The scene was so unexpected, so tender; a welcome change from the chaos that had been fueling their fire just minutes earlier. But then common sense came knocking again, like a hammer on an anvil. "Sorry, I'm here. Ally's with me. Head to Gabe's family's diner and then plug in the coordinates I'm about to send you into your datapad's GPS. I would say come straight here, but given our current situation I'm inclined to send you on the least traveled path. Not to mention the Thorne's will be lookin' forward to you updating them on the situation."

Thessia glanced down at the digital chronometer hovering in the upper right-hand corner of her datapad's monitor. She had spent almost two full minutes conversing with Qunai. That was a minute-forty-five too long. "Going to cut the transmission here. Don't hesitate to take the long way 'round, just in case you're bein' tracked; but get here, Qunai. You, Synda and Lorrie. And get here safe." And with that, she disconnected. The next few seconds were spent in almost complete silence as Thessia focused on relaying the coordinates to Arellix's shop to her Force-sensitive friends. Once that was done, she let gravity take her slowly to the floor. She finally let out a long sigh, and then looked up into her friend's face with a forced smile. "So, 'bout that caff? Could you, ah, give me some Corellian brandy instead? On the rocks?"
+0
#12378680 May 14, 2016 at 05:38 PM · Edited over 3 years ago
334 Posts
"Alright. We'll see you soon."

The Paladin let his arm fall, and he let out a slow breath. The day was going to keep on going, it seemed. Securing his limb around the box after gazing down into it at the occupant inside, he turned his head back to Synda and nodded once, who nodded back an acknowledgement of her own. The pair exited the alleyway.

No words needed to be said as they remained in step with each other, side by side. Their guards were up completely, and their connection to the Force made sure that they wouldn't be subjected to any more surprises. Time was of the essence here. They had to return a baby to her mother.
+0
#12396829 May 21, 2016 at 03:30 AM
108 Posts
Ally looked up at the man then over at Thess. She shifted a little bit still clearly worried. "Just... Get me something warm please..." She mumbled softly, looking down at her feet as she did so. Her toes wiggled slowly, trying to keep her mind off of how useless she felt.
+0
#12432583 Jun 03, 2016 at 10:22 AM
56 Posts
(We interrupt this broadcast to bring you important information. In the interest of wrapping up the Nar Shaddaa segment of, this will be the final post regarding Ally, Q, Thess, Syndra, and the duo they chased here. However, The Tatooine/Krayt's Jaw Cartel side of the story will be completed only after Cirsei & Co have found the time to respond in kind to the events. We now return to your regularly scheduled (HAH, who am I kidding?) program)


Thessia and Allynier both find a hot mug of something Arellix calls the "Corellian Wake Up Call" being pressed into their hands. It's bold, sweet, biting, and alcoholic. Exactly what you needed right now. As the liquor works it magic, you feel awake and alert, but also relaxed and calm... Perfect for the situation...

It is thus, when Qunai and Syndra step through the front door, unharmed, and with no trace of danger on their tail. Arellix ushers them towards the back, Thessia refusing to wait so long to hug her friends, and Ally practically running to sweep her child up into her own arms. Another pair of Wake Up Calls are made for the Jedi, and finally, the chaos ends. Tears and laughter are shed after the journey our heroes have taken... The tragedy of the loss of friends and comrades-in-arms during the loss of the HQ, and the joy at being reunited in a place as safe and welcoming as where you find yourselves, not to mention a mother being reunited with her daughter. Arellix gives you all some privacy between yourselves, letting you talk and enjoy one another's company without interruption.

It is over. This much you are certain.
Homo Homini Lupus
For More Often Than Not, We Forget to Act Human to Others
But Still, Despite Our Forgetful Nature, There is Always the Next Day
+0
#12442014 Jun 06, 2016 at 10:22 PM
215 Posts
Cirsei extended a hand upward, making a fist. All blaster fire ceased in that moment, and Cirsei fearlessly stepped into the open towards the fetal Ardenith. She kneeled and looke over the shi'ido, noting a blaster wound.

"Medic!" At her word, four individuals of varying species lifted the changeling up onto a gurney. Just before they scurried off, Cirsei whispered into the ear of one of the nurses, "After you patch him up, put him in a kriffing cell." The nurse nodded and they went on their way.

Everyone looked to Cirsei for orders. People had been injured, killed; and worst of all? The Krayts' supposedly safe, impenetrable stronghold had been assaulted and nearly taken. This sort of event was unprecedented.

And, well, Cirsei was about to set a precedent.

"I want every security camera checked!" She began screaming. "I want every security guard investigated, every goddamn breach they made patched up and reinforced ten-kriffing-fold! Get me every goddamn detail on how the kriff they got in so far!"

Complete silence. Everyone, even the herglic equipped with an ion cannon bigger than Cirsei's head, didn't know how to respond.

Cirsei looked to her left. Angrily. Then to her right. Angrier.

"WELL?!" And everyone scattered. "And somebody get me Thyssen!" With that, she punched the nearest durasteel wall with as much force as she could muster, leaving a thunderous boom and a dent in the wall that plunged the room into absolute silence as every single person left, leaving all but the Dragon to bask in the bounty of her own men's blood.
+0