Notify Message
Forums
#11867560 Dec 16, 2015 at 03:07 AM · Edited 3 years ago
380 Posts
Gabriel finishes putting a bullet through the captain's skull with his slug-throwing pistol and then presses his prosthetic hand up to the side of his helmet to activate his comlink. "All teams, the bridge is secure. All hostiles between here and the hangar have been eliminated. What's everyone else's status?" As he waits for an answer he holsters his weapon and looks around at everyone else who managed to make it up to the bridge with him.
"The smew honks at noon."
+0
#11869824 Dec 16, 2015 at 04:59 PM
144 Posts
Stroking his chin thoughtfully, Valeiro leans down towards the face of an Imperial whose body was sprawled onto one of the bridge's consoles. "Ah, poor guy. Nobody had the decency to tell him he had a boogie in his nose before he died... That's terrible!" He gives the corpse a nice pat, saying, "Rest in peace, good fellow! May you have better friends in the afterlife that tell you when you have boogies!"

He leans back and follows the rest of the squad toward the hanger. "Hey, bossman? How do you feel about scalping?"

Gabe gives Val an incredulous look.

"I'm joking. Kind of."
Rex: Hero

Valeiro: Psycho

Kojasta: Mystery

Solljus: Villain

Abaddon: Shadow

Xirad: Warrior
+0
#11898619 Dec 27, 2015 at 03:31 PM
108 Posts
"Did someone say scalping?" Ally's voice came over Gabe's com. "And we're almost done here, about back to the ships.. Are you getting slow for your old age there, Gabe?" She tilted her head at the com as she helped move some more people onto the ships.
+0
#11899742 Dec 28, 2015 at 03:27 AM · Edited 3 years ago
334 Posts
"Okay, okay...shh. Don't say that stuff aloud, Allynier."

The unseen-now-seen Mirialan doctor held up a hand toward the girl as he finished hefting some children aboard a ship.

"They don't need to hear stuff like that from their saviors."

With that, the Mirialan parted from the ships, awaiting the return of his wife. Qunai silently passed him by, locking glances for but a second. Garrace did a double take and frowned.

The dark aura flourishing about Qunai was palpable to not only the force-sensitives on the ship, but to the normal individuals who shifted and looked away from him. The freed slaves quickly pushed themselves aboard the ships, huddling up near the front of the vessels. Whispers and fearful looks cast at him.

Qunai frowned a bit at that, ready to bite back with a harsh tone. Until the biting, child-like voice spoke up in the back of his head.

'They're scared of you...leave them be.'

And he followed it.

Instead, he turned on his heel and keyed his comm.

"Alright. Andy? Finish up and double back quick. Gabe, we're all waiting on you!"
+0
#11936341 Jan 09, 2016 at 01:25 PM
167 Posts
Andy follows her orders and quickly makes her way back to the ship.

"Watch who you're calling old there, Ally." Synda announces through her comm.

She makes it aboard the ship with a small Twi'lek child on her hip. The boy's tears have dried, leaving streaks down his face. Synda is struggling, using the Force to reinforce her movements and keep her from collapsing. Once inside, she leans against a wall and slides down to a seated position on the floor. She sighs, looking at the boy who is now in her lap, checking him for any injuries. She calls to Gare over the comm, "Med, I'm on board in the hall near the aft hatch. Please come quickly... and bring something for pain." The boy curls up into her, resting his head on her shoulder. She reaches up with her hand on his back to comfort him as she tries to meditate to help ease the injuries she tried to heal away from the dying mother.
+0
#11936903 Jan 09, 2016 at 05:12 PM
380 Posts
"Thank you, Synda. We're on our way." He and the rest of his team start double-timing it to their ship for exfiltration.
"The smew honks at noon."
+0
#11968971 Jan 18, 2016 at 03:14 PM · Edited 3 years ago
520 Posts
The second that the last of you are aboard, the HT2200 and the Argosy shuttle lift off and shoot out of the Imperial Transport. Seconds later, the vessel is consumed from the inside by explosion after explosion. By the time your ships reach the safety of the Argosy's hangar bay, there's nothing left of the slave hauler save for smoldering chunks of twisted metal. Similarly, the Argosy manages to make the jump to lightspeed with less than a minute left to go before an Imperial Harrower-class dreadnought arrives.

In order to ensure that the Empire doesn't follow you back to the KJC's headquarters on Tatooine, Thyssen has worked with Xyrna and Ardenith to chart a roundabout path back. The trip will take roughly a week, but the long wait beats the gruesome alternative...

To the heroes of the hour, you all now stand on the Argosy's bridge, looking up at a projection of the aforementioned trio. "Imperial activity has increased significantly in the region," Thyssen says, "but we haven't seen any evidence to suggest that you've picked up a tail. What's your status now?"
+0
#11977765 Jan 20, 2016 at 11:48 PM
380 Posts
"Well, we haven't been shot at so far since we left the ship, so...I'd say we're doing good. Everyone did their part well, and the liberated seem to be settling in nicely. We should be back on Tatooine in a week from now." He crosses his arms together "Is there anything else we need to discuss?"
"The smew honks at noon."
+0
#11981569 Jan 22, 2016 at 03:34 AM
520 Posts
The trio seem to have an entire conversation among one another simply by exchanging quick looks. "No, that'll be all for now. We look forward to your collected reports upon your safe return." And that was it. The communication ceased almost immediately thereafter.
+0
#11986750 Jan 23, 2016 at 04:33 PM
144 Posts
Stretching in the corner, Valeiro yawns. "You guys got any soup? I'm starving. Don't think I've eaten since before the battle."
Rex: Hero

Valeiro: Psycho

Kojasta: Mystery

Solljus: Villain

Abaddon: Shadow

Xirad: Warrior
+0
#12035219 Feb 06, 2016 at 12:56 AM
108 Posts
"Come on Vale, I'll take you too it." Ally stood up next to him, dragging him off out the doors of the bridge.
+0
#12035248 Feb 06, 2016 at 01:24 AM
334 Posts
Qunai merely sighed as he stepped up beside his fellow co-leader, rubbing at his hair with a single hand, the other on his hip. He stared blankly out at the stars before them before glancing over.

"Garrace and Synda are working on the injured. Should make it to the mark in a couple hours."
+0
#12036282 Feb 06, 2016 at 11:12 AM
167 Posts
Upon hearing the comm transmission and Qu's follow up, Synda looks to Gare as he helps her climb into an infirmary bed herself."I'll send them an update... can you hand my holo?"

After a few breaths, comm in hand, she sends an audio only transmission to the bridge. "Gare, actually, is taking care of the injured. I couldn't save her, Qu." She pauses before continuing. "Her son was there and saw the whole thing. He's here in the infirmary with us."

She sets down the holo as Gare hands the toddler back to her. She holds his head to her chest, kissing his forehead. "It's alright kiddo. You're safe now." He looks up at her and she forces a smile down at him. "What's your name?" She sighs, hoping he'll answer.

In the quietest, saddest voice, he mutters, "Tarquin."
+0
#12053856 Feb 11, 2016 at 08:00 AM · Edited over 2 years ago
380 Posts
Gabriel sighs, lights up a cigarette and looks down at his prosthetic hand then crosses his arms again. He then turns to Qunai, "I'm going to head down to the infirmary. You want to come with me?" He picks up his helmet and holds it at his side as he waits for an answer.
"The smew honks at noon."
+0
#12167779 Mar 14, 2016 at 05:06 PM
144 Posts
Valeiro looks all around him, walking through hall with Ally. "This place is really boring. You guys oughtta spruce up the place! Add a bit of color!" He stops, pointing at a wall. "See? Wouldn't this place be more homely if there was a nice painting right there?"
Rex: Hero

Valeiro: Psycho

Kojasta: Mystery

Solljus: Villain

Abaddon: Shadow

Xirad: Warrior
+0
#12167786 Mar 14, 2016 at 05:10 PM
108 Posts
"That would depend on the painting, wouldn't it?" Allynier smirked in response, looking at the wall before continuing on her way to the mess hall.
+0
#12169048 Mar 15, 2016 at 12:12 AM
334 Posts
Qunai idly shrugged and looked back towards the holo-projector.

"I'm going to stay here. Got some things to think on...and uh...might as well get out a general order to have everyone relax and recuperate for the next Chain Breaking."
+0
#12169070 Mar 15, 2016 at 12:26 AM · Edited over 2 years ago
380 Posts
"Alright...I'll see you later then. Take it easy, man." He puts out the cigarette on his chest piece, puts his helmet back on, and walks over to the elevator. He walks into the elevator, presses a button, and crosses his arms as the elevator takes him to the floor where the infirmary is.
"The smew honks at noon."
+0
#12243164 Apr 05, 2016 at 02:41 PM · Edited over 2 years ago
520 Posts
From a cinematic standpoint, this would be the moment in the story when a wipe accompanies the closing of the elevator door and brings us several days into the future, to the point when the Argosy is approaching Tatooine. Another similar wipe would follow, showing the ship in question setting down just outside the entrance to the KJC's main base of operations in the Jundland Wastes. As one might expect, Thyssen Krupp and his two most-trusted companions (Xyrna and Ardenith) are waiting to greet them. Rather than address the leaders of the operation, the man in the salmon-colored coat speaks broadly to all who participated in it. "I was told that you got away scot-free. Well done!"
+0
#12252840 Apr 07, 2016 at 03:02 PM
334 Posts
"That we did." The Paladin descended the ramp, followed by the squad he commanded during the raid - and probably the others. He stopped at the head of the group, arms crossed, and a confident smirk across his lips.

"Not that they'll let it happen so easily next time," he glanced back before locking eyes with Thyssen, "but that's why we're going to move faster, eh?"

The murmurs of agreement made his smirk turn into a smile.
+0